Thursday, June 6, 2013

Random Nerdy Facts Of The Day: Yo Yo and Tetris!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TETRIS!!!


Holy crap, Tetris came out when I was one year old!  ONE!  God damn!  They are 29 years old!  Wait till they hit thirty.  Maybe then they'll be as fabulous as me ;) It's all about the thirties baby!  Still, this is an epic nostalgic piece of 80's history.  My childhood - the frustration of wanting to throw my clunky Gameboy across the room because the shapes were coming to fast, the warning music that I was about to die - ahh childhood, how I miss thee sometimes.  Then I remember all the awkward phases, and imagine that Tetris is happy to be all grown up and have gone from the ugly green to full color!


A little background on Tetris for those of you tots who are completely lost as to what this is.

Year of Release: June 6, 1984
Originally Designed and Programmed by: Alexey Pajitnov of the Soviet Union.
It was the first programmed software that was make in the UK and exported to the US.

That's right - Tetris was leading the way for all the epic games we have today!

WAIT!  There's more!!  

HAPPY NATIONAL YO-YO DAY!!


Who knew right?  I didn't, but hey Geeks and Nerds are always learning and enjoying a classic throwback.  There is even a Museum of Yo-Yo History!  Holy crap!  The Yo-Yo is much more popular than I thought!


Okay, honestly, there's a crap ton of history on the Yo-Yo!  I would suggest clicking on the museum to start, but there's way too much info for me to put into this post.  However, I will say that while Yo-Yo's are cool in theory - I always completely and utterly failed at them.  I could never get them to come back up!!!  Misadventures of the Yo-Yo!  At least for this Geek.  

AND THAT, DEAR NERDS, IS YOUR RANDOM NERDY FACT OF THE DAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment